[Tongs 64.0 released: 11 11 2011]
VR GIS 64
This page updated: April, 2011
Tongs™ [Grip Ice]
Tongs is in transition from VR GIS version to VR GIS 64.. This is as of April, 2011.
GRIP ICE™ will continue to be my "scientific image processor". Tongs was a conglomeration of code I gathered and combined. All database and image processing will be stripped away, with links to the actual sites. While interesting, I no longer find a need to have a zillion ways to do the same image processing function. Tongs will have handy tools to crop-resize-manipulate an image and do image pre-processing, and leave Grip to do image processing... ready to go.
- Make a directory and unzip the file in it.
- Make a Shortcut to Tongs.exe and Drag it into the Start/ Programs or your desktop to enable easily starting Tongs.
- The first time Tongs is run, go to the Program Options and set The Thumbs directory and any other options you desire... of course these can be changed at any time.
- NO DLLs will be in the VR GIS 64 version. Nor will there be database requirements.
- Tongs .. regular File menu
- HELP : Contents, On Help, Me, About...
- Tasks... in order per Menu
- Open a file for processing: (many types) Lischke's Graphex 9 for most of the Graphic file formats (Image Properties and Browser)
- Satellite Import: Multispectral (scanned photos, Landsat, Slar, SAR, AVHRR) imagery into png file format.
- Registration: In Progress: Register image to a map, or to another image (Image Registration and Coordinate Conversion).
- IO Clipboard: Copy, Paste...
- Set box size... and Paste
- enlarges the bitmap and places it (bitmap) as directed on the enlarged image... enabling adding images together by then pasting from the clipboard onto the image.
- Overview : opens a small version of ALL the image
- Zoom Window displays a zoomed area of the main image in a small window - Zoomed according to a Magnification Spin edit value. I am grateful to efg's Computer Lab for the Zoomer and a multitude of other coding.
- Pixel Values activates the mouse selection: Click the image and a box will appear and move with the mouse cursor. Releasing the mouse button selects the area and a dialog window pops up displaying the RGB pixel values. These can be saved or printed for off line investigation.
- Png image info pops up a dialog of Png image information.
- Cathedral quilt
- Cathedral Window quilts pattern maker
- Square Block Coloring page
- Life Patterns... Divides the image into a Zillion small blocks-image files
- Ozone mush ... changes image to strange colors
- Annotate and Label selected image objects.
- HELP : Contents, On Help, Me, About... the ordinary stuff
TONGS GRIP ICE
Copyright © 1991..2011 by Ivan Lee Herring